Sales are the result of the synergy of three processes: attracting, converting, and retaining customers. Question: “How to increase sales,” all companies care. Competition and changes in consumer behavior are pushing for a search for new chips that will allow you to sell more and maintain (or even increase) your profitability.
Some methods give quick profits, others require time, but they bring money in the long run. Like through an email marketing agency, you get quick results if you set out the right goals for your business.
The process of attracting customers is at the very beginning of the sales funnel. Therefore, we will begin with it.
One of the most popular attraction tactics is an active advertising campaign. It helps counteract competitors and influence customers.
Factors that affect ad performance include:
- Creativity and use of chips understandable for their target audience, creating a hype;
- Choosing the right placement channel depending on the characteristics of the target audience;
- The advertising message should reflect the benefits to the buyer;
- Mandatory testing of advertising, since without analytics of indicators it is impossible to determine the most conversion message.
2. Discounts, promotions, gifts, certificates, contests
Carrying out these marketing activities increases sales in the short term.
You can “stimulate” customers by various methods:
- Limited duration shares;
- Discounts that are associated with the event;
- Discounts for a certain amount of the purchase;
- Discounts on the third item on the check;
- Discounts on related products;
- Discounts for individual segments of customers (“for students”, “for senior citizens”), etc.
- Coupon website for the best online shopping experience
3. Work on unique service standards.
Unique standards really sell, increase customer loyalty, distinguish among competitors. Such standards are not copied from competitors and are not written on the basis of theoretical developments.
Customer Service Standards is a guide for employees. Even employees without experience carry out sales with a working document.
Standards that sell and increase loyalty:
- Written on the basis of a survey of real customers and take into account all their expectations;
- Represent a synthesis of the experience of the best sellers of the company and working sales techniques;
- Cover all possible situations when working with a client;
- Have no contradictions;
- Real in execution;
- Contain sales techniques for related products;
- Do not conflict with other business processes of the company.
4. The level of service and the quality of work of employees.
Buyer conversion in most cases depends on the work of sales staff. Unprocessed letters and applications, ignoring calls, and keeping promises are a direct way to losing customers. Poor service and poor product quality is a guaranteed outflow of customers. It is important for business to control and lengthen the life cycle of customers in order to accurately forecast profits in future periods. Loyal customer retention promotes repeat sales.
Causes of poor employee performance may include:
- Lack of training;
- Lack of control;
- Lack of motivation;
- Lack of work standards or their unsuitability.
5. Loyalty program and work with the customer base.
The goal of introducing a loyalty program is to stimulate repeat sales to existing customers and build long-term relationships with them.
Loyalty programs are:
- Own – accrual of bonuses for purchases in your network;
- Partnership – accrual of bonuses for purchases from partner companies;
- Discount – fixed or cumulative discount on goods;
- Short-term – accumulation of bonuses in a certain period of time and their exchange for prizes.
Discount programs are not the best way to gain customer loyalty. Firstly, they reduce marginality, secondly, they provoke the dumping of prices, thirdly, they contribute to the development of behavioral loyalty. Behavioral loyalty is based on rational calculation; it is easy to lure such customers with a larger discount.