Many consumers have changed their consumption habits and have preferred to make their purchases over the Internet. Having a platform that supports this scenario significantly increases the chances of gaining more visibility for the company and generating new business.
However, to create a blog or website, it is necessary to apply some concepts. A good sales site is able to communicate messages clearly and, consequently, strengthen the institutional image of a company, in addition to presenting a pleasant user experience, having functional tools and mechanisms, and, above all, being safe.
With a well-structured sales website it will be easier to attract your target audience, increase your conversion rate and improve your organic positioning in search engines. Having a quality website and becoming a reference in the market are some of the best practices to improve your results and achieve success!
Want to know more about how to create a sales website and improve your results? So, read on and learn more about it!
1. Know your customer and the market
Ensuring the knowledge of who your leads and customers are, and having consistent information about the market in which your company operates is essential for your website to obtain the expected results.
From this knowledge, it is possible to create a website that is aligned with the persona, both in visual and verbal language, and to create relevant content for Inbound Marketing strategies. Thus, having the ability to nurture and educate your target audience, making them loyal customers of the brand.
Good deals and strategies are based on data and information. With knowledge under the public and the market, your business and marketing plan are more likely to bring results.
2. Define your niche
With a broad knowledge of your audience and market, we can go further and target niche sales sites. In a highly competitive environment such as the Internet, this is a good option to maximize the potential of your business.
Among the benefits of defining a niche of activity are: creating a differential in relation to other competitors, increasing credibility and improving the positioning of your brand, optimizing costs with Digital Marketing, gaining a keen perception about the preferences of the public and developing a clear and objective communication to meet the expectations of its customers.
Segmentation reduces competition and increases the identification of users with the brand, facilitating the sale of products and services!
3. Choose a platform
There are different tools available on the market for developing a sales website. Among the most used are CMS (Content Management System) platforms.
CMS are tools for creating, editing, managing and publishing content. And it has been increasingly used due to the ease of use and the amount of resources available.
Confirms some of the CMS that perform better:
- PrestaShop: ideal for small businesses that are starting their activities with an online sales system;
- Opencart: has features and resources to create a 100% professional store;
- Magento: the most used e-commerce platform in the world. It has a wide range of features, integration with CRM, GRP system, logistics system and many others;
- VirtrueMart and Jomla: union of two open source systems that allow numerous modifications such as insertion of plugins, modules and components;
- WooCommerce: offers different features. A great advantage is its intuitive panel that allows the seller to make changes in a simple way.
To choose the best tool for your business you need to assess what your business needs are and which tool best suits them. But remember, keep constant feedback and tests on the chosen system.
4. Create a responsive layout
Responsive websites automatically adapt to the user’s devices. Its layout changes as well as the layout of its elements based on the size of the screen on which they are displayed.
Creating a responsive layout ensures that the user experience is positive through access via mobile devices. Pages with missing images, cropped and with complex navigation flows increase the bounce rate of your website and impact the positioning in the search ranking.
Being mobile friendly is one of the main factors taken into account by search engines for indexing to occur effectively.
One tip is to always keep an eye on how your company’s website is being presented on different device models.
5. Worry about information security
In order to create a secure sales website, you need to pay attention to all the details. Security is one of the critical factors for developing a sales website. Protecting data such as address, phone number and card number is a big responsibility and deserves special attention.
It is not enough to just show concern for the data. It is necessary to make the customer feel safe and that safety actions are implemented on the website to ensure the maximum possible protection for the consumer.
If your sales site carries out transactions on your page, there are tools that work to protect the data that is reported. The two most used and efficient are:
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer): SSL is a protection that prevents intruders from stealing information and data that your customers enter during registration on the site and making a purchase;
- Application and IP Scan: allows investigating vulnerabilities on the website, preventing invasion cases, such as access to the database. Alerts are forwarded to the development team that works to correct these flaws.
6. Define payment methods
There are basically three ways to receive payments on a sales website. Are they:
- Payment intermediaries: charge a fixed fee per transaction and a variable on the sale value. But they take the risk of fraud;
- Payment gateways: charge a fixed fee per transaction. But they do not take the risk of fraud, having to hire other services to guarantee 100% security;
- Direct integration with the acquirer: indicated for large sales sites, as it demands more experienced retailers and development staff. It allows contact with the buyer and the negotiation of fees.
To choose the best payment platform, as well as the development platform, you need to align your business needs with the features that are available.
By applying these tips, you will become an expert on how to create a sales website and have more success in your business! Was this post useful to you? Want to know more tips on how to create a sales website for your company? Then sign up for our Newsletter.