Ever since I got my air fryer, I can’t stop using it! It’s one of the healthiest kitchen appliances I invested in, and I’ve been whipping up a ton of new recipes that aren’t only low in calories, but good for your heart and muscles as well. One of my recent creations was the air fryer fish recipe, which brings out a golden and crisp seafood dish that all your loved ones will devour!
So if you’re wondering about how you can cook fish perfectly in the air fryer, then read on as I show you the recipe and a few more tips on cooking with an air fryer.
Air Fryer Fish Recipe
I used to have a problem with fish, mainly because I didn’t know how to fry it perfectly without having to use a lot of oil! That is why I made the air fryer fish recipe so that I can enjoy the golden brown crust without the guilt and extra fat. It isn’t only delicious, but it’s so simple and easy to do as well!
This recipe serves two people and takes 22 minutes to prepare and cook!
• Four tablespoons of vegetable oil
• 100 grams of breadcrumbs
• One whisked egg
• Four fish fillets
• One lemon (for serving)
1. Preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix both the oil and 100 grams of breadcrumbs in a bowl. Continue to stir it until the mixture turns loose and crumbly.
3. Dip the fish fillets into the egg then shake off any egg residue. Now dip the fish fillets in the crumb mix, ensuring that the fish is evenly and thoroughly covered with the breadcrumbs and oil.
4. Now gently place the fish in the air fryer, cooking it for about 12 minutes. You will know that the fish is cooked once it has a golden-brown color and looks crunchy. The time may vary, depending on how thick your fish is. So you will need to check up on it every few minutes to avoid overcooking.
5. Once the fish is cooked, allow it to cool and serve it with lemon and favorite sides and condiments. Enjoy!
Bonus: Air Fryer Chips Recipe
What I love to do with my fish is to pair it with chips. With these two combined, it’s the perfect fish and chips dish to serve for snacks or as a full meal. So here’s a simple chips recipe, which uses your air fryer again to save on oil and utilize this excellent kitchen appliance!
This serves two people and takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook!
• Four medium potatoes
• Four tablespoons of olive oil
• Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Peel the potatoes and cut it into the shape of fries.
2. Place the fries in the air fryer at 180 degrees Celsius, adding the olive oil right after.
3. Cook the fries for two minutes then shake it. Cook it for another eight minutes and shake it again. After this, allow it to cook for 15 minutes. If you want golden fries, I recommend you to cook it for an additional five minutes at 200 degrees Celsius this time.
4. Now let the fries cool, seasoning it with salt and pepper. Serve it with the fish and your favorite condiments (ketchup and mayonnaise work well together) and serve!
Read also: Insurance Memes
More Tips On Cooking Fish In An Air Fryer
Now that you know about the air fryer fish recipe, here are two more tips on how to make the dish even better:
If you want something lighter for your fish’s coating, then I recommend that you replace the breadcrumbs with Panko. It has a crustier and lighter texture. You can also opt to use cornflake crumbs instead, for a crunchier texture.
I only use four tablespoons of oil in both recipes because I want to have the perfect balance to have the fish and chips taste amazing and not too soggy or dry. For every potato or fish fillet, I use one tablespoon of oil.
I like to serve my fish and chips with a squeeze of lemon and a bit of salt and pepper. Kids love it with ketchup or ranch dressing!
Just like what I do with my fries, you can make your fish a bit crustier and crunchy by cooking it for an additional five minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. This is recommended for thicker slabs of fish fillets.
When preparing your fries, I recommend you to make them a bit thinner so it will be able to cook more evenly and quickly.
I was once hesitant with cooking fish because it was difficult frying it perfectly without using too much oil. But with my air fryer, I am not able to achieve the crispy and delicious seafood dish without having to use too much fat. And I’m sure that you will enjoy the many nutrients that this tasty dish will be able to give you.
I hope that this air fryer fish recipe gave you a new idea on what to make for dinner tonight. So don’t wait any longer and start preparing to make this simple dish today!
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and experiences with using an air fryer for cooking fish, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.
See also Zomato coupons