In 2019, it was estimated that 43% of small business enterprises applied for new financing. The reason why they applied for new financing was because of operational costs. These operational costs covered wages, securing credit, and debt payments. Therefore, credit cards, after loans or lines of credit, are the two most common types of external financing.
Image Source: FreePik
A business loan is financing a lender or provider offers. Lenders charge interest in exchange for capital. Business loans are geared toward business purposes. Several banks and financial institutions offer a broad and good range of business loan in the Philippines. So if you are a smaller business or medium enterprise, there is a business loan out there that offers a good deal.
Business loans can help you achieve your current business goals. Before you embark on a business loan application, you must prepare a business plan outlining your current business goals. The business plan will explain how your business can benefit from the loan and identify specific goals for the money. These include improving a product, expanding your locations, and opening a new branch.
For your loan to get approved, you need to prove you can repay the loan. Some ways that you can prove you are capable of loan repayment include:
- A healthy credit score. A good and healthy credit score indicates that you are disciplined regarding finances. Moreover, it mirrors that you are responsible for following payment deadlines and financial decisions.
- Adequate business cash flow. In deciding your loan eligibility, the financial institution will look into the cash flow of your business. They will also check if it is adequate for the loan size that you have applied for. Other things that will be considered include previous tax returns and existing debts.
- Ready documents. Having your documents ready is crucial in applying for loans and financial products.
There is no best time when you can say it is the best time to apply for a business loan. However, the timing does not affect whether or not your loan can get approved.
If you will apply for a business loan, then it is recommended that you apply for it online. There are several benefits to applying for business loans online.
Here are a few benefits of applying for a business loan digitally:
- Quick loan application process
- Speedy loan approval
- It becomes easier to compare loan rates from other financial institutions and lenders.
- Pre-approved loans
- Some online lenders provide additional benefits provided that you apply online
- Safer for the health as it requires no direct human contact
In contrast to digital loan applications, applying for a loan in person ensures you have direct communication with a lending officer. Through direct contact with a lending officer, you can give them an additional explanation about your current requirements, situation, and your current repayment capacity.
The business loan application process contains its pros and cons—however, the right business loan suits what you can obtain and afford at this point. From business loans to credit cards, there are many ways in which you can gain financing for your business and personal needs.
The kind of loan you get can save you from stress. But, in the future, it can also help you and your business grow exponentially.
Frank is an energetic salesman. On his free days, he spends his time writing and reading about financial plans and educational loans to help the parents and the next generation gain more insight about multiple educational opportunities.