You have found a beautiful image on the popular photo social network and now you would like to download it to your smartphone, tablet or computer. We at ChimeraRevo have decided to create this guide, entitled “How to save photos from Instagram”, to help you do just that by using programs, applications and online services.
How to save photos from Instagram with 4K Stogram
4K Stogram is a very famous software that allows you to download photos, videos and stories from your friends’ public and private Instagram accounts directly from your computer equipped with Windows, macOS or Linux. In addition, it is an excellent software for backing up personal content posted on Instagram through your profile.
Let’s find out how to use it:
- From the default browser on your PC (eg Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge), connect to the program’s website and press the orange Get 4K Stogram button to proceed with the download. If the website has not correctly recognized the operating system used, move the mouse pointer over the name of the recognized OS in the upper right corner, select Windows, macOS or Linux from the list that appears and then download 4K Stogram as indicated a little while ago.
- Completed the installation correctly, open the software and type or paste in the field Insert Instagram username, #hashtag or search places the username of the profile whose photos you want to download or simply copy and paste the URL of the profile found in the browser addresses.
- After pressing the Subscribe button, 4K Stogram will begin to download all the images published by the chosen user and at the end they will be available in the Images folder.
In order to download photos from a private account, you need to log in to your Instagram account. To do this, click on the Tools menu at the top and choose Favorites. From the window that appears, fill in the fields in front of Username and Password and click on Login. From the same screen, you can also change the destination folder of the saved photos by pressing the Browse button located at the top.
You can pause the download of a profile’s images by pressing the Pause button that appears next to the user name or directly delete the post by choosing Remove from the menu that appears after pressing on the 3 vertical dots.
How to save photos from Instagram with FastSave
If you own an Android smartphone or tablet, you can save your favorite photos on Instagram using the excellent free FastSave application. The operation of the software is very simple.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Grab your Android device, proceed with the download of the app from the Google Play Store and start it once the installation is complete.
- From the screen that appears, activate the FastSave Service option by pressing the appropriate switch and then tap on the Open Instagram button present just below to open the social network application.
- At this point, locate the photo to be saved via the home screen or using the search function and then press on the airplane that appears just below the image (next to the little heart and the sticker).
- In the next screen, press the Copy link button. FastSave will automatically download the selected content.
- Now, go back to the application and press the My Downloads button or the folder icon on the top right to view the downloaded images (present in the Pictures section). Alternatively, the downloaded photos can be viewed in the default Gallery app.
How to save photos from Instagram with InstaGet
In case you have an iPhone or iPad, you can download photos and videos from an Instagram account using the InstaGet application (known on the App Store with the name of GrabIt).
Let’s see how to use it together:
- Proceed with the download of the software from the App Store and start it once the installation is complete.
- Once this is done, open InstaGet, fill in the Username and Instagram password fields by typing your username and personal profile protection key and press Login to continue. Mind you that to use this software you must have disabled two-factor authentication. You can do this directly from the Instagram app installed on your iPhone and iPad. So, open the application, press on the little man at the bottom right, tap on the 3 dashes at the top right and choose Settings from the side menu that appears. Once this is done, press on Privacy and security and then choose Two-factor authentication in the Security section. At this point, you just need to press on the levers of the method chosen for two-step verification or on both if you have activated both.
- You are now ready to use InstaGet. After pressing the Login button, press on the 3 dashes at the top left or swipe from the left edge to the right edge and choose Search from the side menu that appears.
- In the next step, press on the magnifying glass located just below the Search item, type the user name of the person who posted the photo to download or the name of the tag and send Enter from the virtual keyboard.
- At this point, press on the username of the profile concerned, locate the image to download and tap on the downward-pointing arrow present under the thumbnail. Alternatively, press on the preview to look at the full-size image and then tap again on the arrow at the bottom right to download the content. The photo will be available in the Photos app.
Since it is a software developed by third parties, keep in mind that in any case you will go to provide the username and password of your account to an unofficial application.
How to save photos from Instagram with Ig Video Downloader
Ig video downloader is a powerful Internet site that can be used on both PCs and smartphones and tablets to download photos, videos and IGTV content without installing applications and programs.
Let’s find out how to use it:
- If you are on a computer, connect to the Instagram website, log in to your profile by entering the required data and then identify the photo to download.
- Once this is done, copy the URL of the image in the address bar or press on the 3 horizontal dots at the bottom right (corresponding to the item Add a comment) and choose Copy the link from the window that appears. If you are from an Android smartphone / tablet, open the Instagram app, look for the image to download, press on the airplane present just below the photo and choose Copy the link. If you are from iPhone or iPad or use the Instagram app on your Windows 10 PC, open the application of the social network, look for the image you want to download, tap on the 3 horizontal dots in correspondence with the user name of the profile and choose Copy link from the menu that appears.
- At this point, connect to the ig video downloader Internet portal, paste the address in the text field and select the Download button present just below.
- After a few moments, a new green Download Image button will appear just below, allowing you to automatically download your favorite photo.