Leh Ladakh is filled with fun, thrill and excitement, offering its visitors peace, serenity and adventuresome experience. Leh is a serene town and is known as the capital of Ladakh. Ladakh is like heaven on earth, where you will be blessed at each point with wonderful gifts in the form of natural wonders.
How to reach-
Both Leh and Ladakh do not have their own airport and railway station. But the nearest airport and railway station to Leh and Ladakh are in Kushok Bakula Rimpochee and Tawi respectively which are well connected with all the major airports and railway stations of India.
If you are planning to reach Leh Ladakh by road, you can reach Leh from either Shimla or Manali via a bus or a bike.
Leh Ladakh Tour highlights-
- Leh palace- Leh Palace is popularly known as ‘Lachen Palkhar’ and is one of the tallest buildings of ancient times. It offers the visitors panoramic views of the city.
- Chadar trek- Chadar trek is a major highlight in an avid trekker’s career. It is described as one of the most challenging, thrilling and adventurous treks in the Jammu Kashmir region.
- Pangong Lake: The sparkling blue Pangong lake is located near Leh Ladakh in the midst of the majestic Himalayas. This lake is situated at an altitude of 4350meters above sea level and is 12km long.
- Zanskar Valley- it is located in the eastern part of Jammu and Kashmir and is separated by Ladakh. The valley is known for its stunning views of the great Himalayas, popular buddhist monasteries, and serene landscapes.
- Tso Moriri- It is also known as the twin of Pangong lake, and is surrounded by barren hills and snow-clad mountain peaks. It is 28 km long and offers its visitors the peace and a sense of relaxation.
Things to carry
Leh Ladakh group trip is the rare thing and if you have got it all planned, you will be introduced to the land of snow, peace and serenity. Leh and Ladakh are beautiful places filled with thrill, excitement and fun. If you plan to go there, these following things must be in your backpack-
- Thermal inner wears like inner pants and inner t-shirts – irrespective of the season. The weather there is not constant.
- Fleece jacket and Down jacket
- Waterproof windbreaker
- Pair of woolen socks and woolen gloves
- Warm hat, monkey cap and Sun cap
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Portable charger and power bank
- Camera to capture the beauty of the place with extra memory cards and batteries
- Toothpaste and toothbrush, Lip balm, body wipes- as showers are limited, face wipes and hand wipes
- Gears like a sleeping bag, tent and mattress
- Trekking shoes, sneakers, slippers and trekking pole- must bring
- First aid box with all the necessary medicines including water purification tablets
- Flashlight with extra batteries- There is always power cut in Leh and Ladakh
- Cash- as you may not find any atm nearby
- Pickles- the food of Leh Ladakh is bland
- BSNL sim. Other networks do not work here
- If you are traveling in a group, follow the instructions of your team leader. Do not wander off on your own.
- The area of Leh Ladakh is a high altitude mountain sickness prone zone so after reaching there you acclimatize yourself properly to avoid any health hazard. If possible carry oxygen gas cylinder with you.
- It is advisable to avoid alcohol and smoking for health purposes. The air in Leh Ladakh lacks oxygen. It is necessary to keep your body hydrated throughout the journey.
- Do not make fun of the local culture and traditions. Respect them
- Do not play music too loud. Many people go there to find epace, not to see your party- animal side. Let there be peace.
- Do not carry expensive pieces of jewelry and gadgets with you. Try to avoid the use of plastic bags as much as possible and do not litter to maintain the decorum of tourist places.
- Do not mess with the working staff. If there is any kind of permit required then arrange it as soon as possible to continue the enjoyment.
Before reaching there equip yourself with proper woolen clothes because the weather there is unpredictable and the temperature may dip at any time.