If you are looking for a suitable school for your young child, your selection needs to be carefully thought out. There are few things more important than schooling for a young person and with that in mind, here are a few mistakes that you should avoid when looking for a school for your son or daughter.
List of main mistakes
- Using location as a search criterion – Just because there is a school very near to your home, that isn’t enough of a reason to enrol your child. Every school is unique and that means some are better than others. Start with their website, taking note of the school mission and vision statements and if the school seems appealing, book a tour and you can observe a few classes; it is wise to prepare a few questions for the school principal.
- Failing to think ahead – If you have an idea of the types of things your child likes, this should be taken into consideration when choosing a school. A student who is academically talented should study in a school that excels in academic achievement, such as an international school in Bangkok, while a sporty child should enrol in a school that focuses on sports and physical education. If you are looking to enrol your child in kindergarten, you should look for a K-12 school, as your child can remain at the same campus for their entire formal education program.
- Not considering your child’s feelings – A good student is a happy one and if your son or daughter does not feel comfortable in a school environment, this could impact the learning outcomes. You can’t force a child to study; make sure that you take then with you when you visit, which helps the child to prepare for the transition. Of course, if your child is very young, their opinion would not matter so much, whereas an older student should be excited about the new school. Click here to find out how technology can be used in education.
- Lack of research – It doesn’t matter how busy you are, you should take the time to research all schools within driving distance of your home. Things to look at include the curriculum they use, how they deliver the content and what values the school promotes. Some parents will spend an entire week touring schools and making notes of pros and cons before choosing the institution that offers the most potential.
- Excessive travel time – While Bangkok kids might be used to sitting in the car for hours on end, any more than 40 minutes each way is too long. That’s a total of 1 hour 20 minutes every day; if you really do want your child to attend a school that is far away, consider relocating, which is the best possible solution.
It is globally recognised that international school education is the best and there are quite a few reputable international schools in Bangkok, where your child can reach their fullest potential.
Lector Manga and other alternatives to read manga in Spanish
Tumangaonline and other alternatives to watch manga online
Resoomer and other alternatives to summarize texts online