As we all know, QuickBooks is an amazing accounting software that is used to handle day to day economic activities of small and medium-sized companies. Sometimes there are some situations when QuickBooks shows a few errors. However, one such type of error is QuickBooks Error 1904, which appears when crucial system files start missing. Then the PC is not in a stable state. This error arises while installing QuickBooks after upgrading the operating system of your computer. While accessing QB company files in the multi-user environment, then at the time of restoring the backup, QuickBooks Error 1904 happens. Although, your system was not reset even after the upgrade. This error displays a message like:
Error 1904: [file path/ name/ extension] failed to check-in.
If you require any help to instantly fix QB error 1904 then you can dial our QuickBooks Phone Number at any time. Our certified experts will deliver instant solutions without any delay.
What are the sources of QuickBooks Error 1904?
There are several sources of this error such as:
- First, the QB installer file is damaged.
- Inadequate permissions.
- Shifting of QB Desktop from another version.
- The system has not been rebooted.
- Corrupted components.
- Several installation issues give rise to this error.
- Improper maintenance of the software.
- Security software is blocking the QB installation.
What are its Indications?
Here is a list of indications that appears when the QB error 1904 occurs. The indications are as follows:
- First of all, system Windows crashes at regular intervals.
- Slower system performance.
- Can’t install QB.
- QB screen does not open after the error pop up.
- Users are unable to give inputs to the PC through mouse and keyboard.
How to get rid of QuickBooks Error 1904?
Method-1: Execute QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From the QB tool hub, click on the Installation issues.
- Then execute the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- It can take up to 20 minutes to execute this diagnostic tool.
- When it completes, then restart your system and open QB.
Method-2: Manually Repair MSXML by registering it
A 64-bit operating system,
- First, choose the Start menu and enter cmd.
- Implement it as an Admin.
- After that, at the C: prompt, type cd\windows\syswow64.
- Now type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and click Enter.
- When it is done, install the QB Desktop.
A 32-bit operating system,
- After opening the Run command, click on Windows+R.
- Enter in cmd, and then select Enter.
- Then type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll,
- Press Enter.
- Now install QB desktop.
Method-3: Do moderations in your Windows account settings
Move to your Windows Administrator Account
- In the Start menu, type cmd in order to search.
- Right-click on it to perform as an admin.
- Now enter “net user administrator /active: yes” in the cmd window and click Enter.
- When it is completed, close the window.
- Sign-out from that window.
- Again sign in with admin rights and privileges.
- In that case, you won’t require any password.
Alter your User Permissions
- Firstly, from the Start menu, click on File Explorer.
- Then locate for C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- After that, right-click on the Common Files folder, then choose Properties.
- Perform some modifications by selecting the Edit option from the Security tab.
- From the User Names section, click on Users.
- Then from the “Permissions for Users” section, enable the following permissions like Modify, Read and Run, List folder contents, Read, Write, etc.
- Click on the OK option to apply or implement the changes.
Reinstall QB and then sign out
- First, again install QB.
- When the installation is done, then open the Start menu and sign out of your administrator account.
- Now again check in to your normal user account.
- Visit the Start menu, and then open cmd and execute it as an admin.
- Enter “net user administrator /active: no” in the window.
- Click Enter.
Some Special Cases:
If you use Bitdefender:-
You need to join QB Desktop to your Bitdefender Exclusion List Only disabling Bitdefender does not resolve the QB error 1904.
- A 32-bit operating system, visit the “C:\Program Files\Common Files”.
If you use Adobe Flash Player:-
- First of all, download and install the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When the installation is completed, then open the Start menu.
- Under the Control Panel,>> Uninstall.
- Then select Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from the list
- Click on Uninstall.
- Now follow all the instructions given on the screen to uninstall.
- After that, download and again install Adobe Flash Player.
In a nutshell, we can say that QuickBooks Error 1904 is an installation error that occurs due to missing or damaged system files. This blog will tell you the reasons behind it and the consequences of this error. By following the above methods, you can easily probe the QuickBooks Error 1904. If you are still facing any problem, then you can contact our highly-qualified QuickBooks Support experts. They will guide you on how to get rid of that issue.