June 6, 2024


Tiny articles, big solutions.

Which is better? Residence Permit in Germany or EU-Blue Card


There’s a big difference between studying in one’s own country and studying abroad. World Politics adds a new dimension providing a gamut of possibilities in study abroad. The study abroad ecosystem is affected by various political arrangements of a country with other countries.  Germany is good for study abroad for being open and well connected politically to the wider world.

Applicants from diverse fields find it easy to study and get a job in Germany due to the high-quality education, a number of vacancies and job opportunities available. When it comes to post-study work; Germany is very accommodating after international students. That’s why most of the international students in Germany prefer to stay back to work once they complete their studies. Some even prefer to stay permanently in Germany. However, Germany the visa is only meant to help applicants find a job in Germany, and it is not a work permit.

A one-year postgraduate medical training in Germany for medical specialization is best to secure a good job. It facilitates the right career path in the future. It makes you professional by improving your skills; enhance the quality of th inking and overall performance. This will make you become more comfortable with the local culture, the language, and the German lifestyle in general.


After completing the medical training in Germany the students can opt for either German Residency permit or EU-Blue Card.

Students need to choose one out of the two options either a German Residency permit or EU-Blue Card. For this, the students need to know many things such as long term benefits, practicality, cost, visa rules, and various government policies to apply for work post studies in Germany. The regular residence permit will automatically expire once they complete their university program or any professional training; no matter how long their permit was given at the start.

Residence Permit

The applicants applying for Residence Permit in Germany cannot work during the visa period and must apply for the permit the moment he or she acquires a job in Germany.

Residence Permit in Germany offers applicants can freely explore various employment opportunities in Germany. Students must apply for their Residence Permit in their final year well in advance or at least before the residence permit expires. A simple 2 step process is required to apply for a Residence Permit in Germany.  It begins with a temporary residence permit valid only for the job hunting period which is often limited up to 6 months. And once you get the job you can either apply for Residence Permit in Germany or for an EU-Blue Card.

Unlike any other country, Germany offers a residence permit to a non-EU student as well. This Residence Permit in Germany is open for all students who are pursuing an academic or professional program in any German university. This enables the students to look for a good job to make a career in Germany. All applicants should reach out to the local foreign registration offices and get started with the Residence Permit.


The Residence permit is given to every student who is looking for different employment opportunities in Germany. It is temporary and valid only for 18 months. Applicants often take up some random jobs to support themselves financially during their studies and manage their stay in Germany. Sometimes these jobs also help applicants when they are in search of a good job that suits their educational or professional qualifications.

The German Permanent Residence program permits an applicant to work once they complete their studies in Germany. The checklist and documents for Residence Permit in Germany are as follows.

The process is quite simple; the document checklist is as follows:

  • Valid Passport
  • University Degree.
  • Reasonable Healthcare insurance
  • sufficient finances to manage one’s demands and stay in Germany for at least six months

EU-Blue Card: One Pass access to many countries for many opportunities

The EU-Blue Card Scheme is a great initiative by the European Union to make Europe a welcoming destination for international students and professionals from non-European Union countries. Post-study work in Germany is an easy process with this card. The EU-Blue Card is a permit card and provides as a piece of legal evidence for Non-EU citizens given for a specific purpose.

The EU-Blue Card is valid for 4 years and it can be extended or establishment permission can be given. If the applicant knows the German language minimum of B1 Level, then can apply for a residence permit after 2 years for the unlimited time.

 The advantages of Blue Card are as follows:

  • Free access and movement in every Schengen countries
  • Ensures an equal income and work condition for every cardholder
  • Gives access to most of the social and economic rights such as health & unemployment benefits
  • Facilitates the family re unification
  • Can apply for the permanent residence program in the future
  • Family members will have unrestricted right to work in Germany.
  • Spouses don’t need to speak in German to join the Blue Cardholder in the country.

 The Eligibility and Conditions for EU-Blue Card

  • A non-European Union citizen
  • Good academic qualifications and required skills
  • Must have a job offer or work with an average salary around €50,000 per annum with some exceptions)
  • Must have a degree equivalent to any other German university.

Which is better? A Residence Permit in Germany or an EU-Blue Card

Both work permits are to facilitate work post their studies in Germany. They offer different benefits for a different purpose. The applicants should select carefully after good consideration of their future aspirations.

The Residence Permit in Germany restricts a candidate’s opportunities only to Germany while with the EU-Blue Card the applicants can get various benefits ample of employment opportunities as they can move anywhere within the borders of EU countries.

However, if you are looking for more opportunities but only in Germany, then in the long-term, the Residence Permit in Germany would be a better option over EU-Blue Card.

Contact Us To Know More