The iGaming sector is one of the immensely developing industries. Esports plays a vital role in the growth of the iGaming industry. Esports increases with an expanding rate year over year. In the year 2019, Esports generated $1 billion in revenue for the first time, which was 26.7% from 2018. With the exclusive growth of esports, operators can opt for esports platform development solutions that can help the iGaming industry to sustain in the competitive world and attract a large number of audience to the industry.
With the liberalization of sports betting in the U.S., the year 2020 was expected to generate more revenue for operators and a better experience for the users of the iGaming industry. But the outbreak of coronavirus has affected several gaming sports and events. Here is the list of gaming events that are canceled or postponed in the countries, due to the spread of COVID-19.
- The leagues of soccer have been canceled, due to the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic.
- Confederation of African Football (CAF) has been canceled
- The CONCACAF has been suspended and will be rescheduled for a later date.
- In Germany, the top-flight Bundesliga is on hold, till march
- The 2020 session for NBA leagues has been suspended.
- The Euro 2020 tournament has been suspended until 2021
- In England, all elite football has been suspended
- The London Marathon has been postponed until October
- The International Tennis Federation (ITF) said 900 tournaments had been postponed
These above are some of the canceled and postponed sports events, due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
Due to the cancellation of major sports events around the world, the iGaming industry has been affected. The operators of the iGaming industry need to get over from this situation. It is important to look forward to some better opportunities and alternatives such as ESPORTS in the iGaming industry. In recent times, esports is a favorable platform for operators.
Read Also: Reboot your Computer
Market Analysis for Esports
- As per the research, at universities and colleges, the global esports PC installed is expected to reach by 100k units in 2020.
- In 2020, the revenue generated through esports is $822.4 million, which is three-quarters of the total market.
- Recently, the investments in esports are also doubled in the year 2020.
- As per the research, it has been observed that the number of mobile esports has been increasing in emerging markets.
- Globally the audience for esports is increased by more than 11%, with an audience of 495.0 million people in 2020.
As these above figures show that esports are growing in current situations and it can be a better alternative for the operators of the iGaming industry. The iGaming industry can get over from this outbreak of coronavirus, by developing the esports platform for their users.
Esports can be a better opportunity for the iGaming industry
- Global sports events have been canceled or postponed, due to which the demand for esports has been increased to a great extent.
- Esports is growing rapidly and giving wider options to the players, which can be a wonderful opportunity for the operators to try out their hands in esports solutions.
- The iGaming industry is turning its wheel towards esports, as it is the most trending alternative available in the industry.
- As per the guidelines of the World Health Organisation (WHO), they promote the esports platforms that can be a great opportunity for the industry to expand its market share.
- Esports occupies the top position in the iGaming world and offer multiple gaming choices to the audience, this can be a better opportunity for the operators to invest in the area of esports.
- There are many top brands sponsored to esports platforms and develop platforms for different sports in the industry. This advantage can be taken by the iGaming business.
Benefits Available for Esports in the iGaming Industry
- The main cause behind the succession of esports during this COVID-19 is that it promotes social distancing.
- Due to the cancelation of major sports events, the esports platform can be a win-win situation for the players as well as operators.
- Many canceled events such as NASCAR, The Football Association, and many more have launched their virtual tournament involving professional esports players.
- As per the market research, more than 50,000 professional competitors are expected this year, this can be a better opportunity for the operators to expand their business.
- The audience watching the live stream of eSport matches has increased by more than 60% due to the outbreak of coronavirus. This can be an advantage for operators of the iGaming industry.
Options Available in Esports
As with the cancelation of all sports events due to COVID-19, Esports are capable of filling the void. However, esports can be played by players during quarantine, as it has various options available as follows:
Esports Betting Software
Esports Betting Software can be a better opportunity for the bettors who are looking for some new betting options during this situation. There are various esports events such as counter-strike, legends of leagues, and much more available on the platform that covers all appropriate features for the players.
Fantasy Esports Software
Fantasy esports software is a combination of esports as well as fantasy sports. It covers all the crucial features of esports and fantasy platforms. It can give a live gaming experience to the players. Operators can develop the platform for those who prefer better gaming experience.
Esports Tournament Management Platform
The development of an esports tournament management platform allows the users to have multiple players options on a single platform. There are various sports such as LOL, Call of Duty, Fortnite, and many more supported esports tournaments platforms.
These above are some of the top options available in esports. The development of these platforms can be a great choice for the operators in sustaining their business in the current situation.
Esports is a Part of Online World of Entertainment
As the outbreak of coronavirus causes cancelation of major events, due to which people prefer to stay at their home. Esports promote social distancing and also offer entertaining platforms to the players. Esports platform can be the most reliable platform for the audience in this situation.
Esports brings innovation to the platform of the iGaming industry. People can explore their gaming experience with the help of esports. It has various features available, due to which people prefer the platform of esports. It can be a better choice for the operators during the crises, as it helps them in generating revenue in the competitive market of iGaming.
Esports is the most exciting vertical in the iGaming industry. The operators of the iGaming industry can take advantage of this vertical by implementing personalized strategies in esports platforms for their audience. As discussed above, esports is the most appropriate choice for the operators in the market. The market overview shows the growing aspects of the esports platform in the iGaming industry. There are certain benefits available to esports that show the positive impact of esports in the market. We have also explored choices available in esports that can be helpful for business owners to expand their business. The operators need to ensure that they are offering the best-customized platform to their users to position their business on top.